Director of Government Relations
About the Job
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycle lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Director of Government Relations. Based at AMA’s Washington, DC office, the Director of Government Relations will foster and utilize working relationships with legislative and administrative law/rule makers and staff in government to advance the strategic vision of protecting and promoting the motorcycle life style. Further, you will serve as a resource for government entities and AMA membership regarding motorcycle related issues.
Specific duties include:
- Maintain a knowledge base regarding motorcycle related issues
- Review news clips, press releases, political publication, attend meetings, hearings and markups in Congress
- Review and monitor federal and state legislative and rule making activities
- Manage public official and AMA member recognition program
- Help manage staff in preparing letters, alerts, legislative and regulatory reviews, drafting legislation, etc.
- Attend events, fundraisers or town hall meetings
Candidates must have 5-7 years of job-related experience in agencies, Congress or lobbying group. Experienced motorcyclist strongly desired. Experience with motorcycling issues and motorcyclists’ rights issues strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree in political science, communications, business or related discipline required.
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer