Property and Community Surveyors needed for vacant land research project in Youngstown.
About the Job
These position starts at $13/hr 35-40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday. Hours vary from 9am to 7pm. This position does require a background check, that you hold a legal driver’s license, have your own vehicle, and be able to walk long distances. There is no reimbursement for gas or mileage.
Property and Community Surveyors’ duties will include: Property and Community Surveyors will observe and assess property parcels, and administer surveys for the Youth Violence Prevention Center (YVPC) within assigned neighborhoods based on location in Youngstown, OH. Research Assistants will report to their project supervisor.
Daily Activities will include but are not limited to:
- Rating the physical appearance of property parcels (landscaping and buildings) and appropriately recording values on evaluation forms.
- Recruiting participants for the survey, consenting study participants, and administrating surveys at designated neighborhoods within Youngstown, Ohio
- Other duties as required
This position is temporary and will begin mid to end of April, 2018 and will end September 30th, 2018
- Be able to work in teams (will go into the community in pairs)
- Be able to work without direct supervision
- Ability to take direction and follow through on project tasks
- Must be reliable
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to walk long distances.
- Able to work at least 20 hours per week (30-40 hours is preferable) during early morning through evening hours, and be available on weekends
- Work in diverse communities
- Hold a legal driver’s license and have your own vehicle. There is no reimbursement for gas or mileage.
- Have a high school diploma or GED