Lead Software Developer - Meshing
About the Job
The meshing development unit (MDU) is seeking an experienced R&D engineer for advanced 3D meshing algorithm development. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for research, design, development, and evolution of meshing technologies. This role requires an experience in mesh generation, computer graphics, or computational geometry. The initial focus will be on enhancing the Delaunay-Voronoi methods as applied to polyhedral meshing with regard to mesh properties like cell size variation and face area distribution. Knowledge of CVT, numerical optimization, regular triangulations, would be immediately useful. The background and experience of the successful applicant will be considered for the future work, but areas of key interest are hex dominant meshing, surface reconstruction, geometry classification and simplification. This developer can expect to be engaged in all stages of code and capability planning, research, creation and evolution, and to work closely with other members of the meshing software development team.
- Design, create, review, maintain and extend 3d unstructured meshing algorithms.
- Work efficiently in complex mixed language code base, written in C/C++, on Windows and Linux.
- Improve speed and memory performance of software for generating large scale meshes on complex real-world geometries.
- Participate in and collaborate with other development, documentation, and testing professionals in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Coordinate with and assist other product creation teams and customer support representatives involved in meshing large, complex geometries.
JOB MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math.
- 3D mesh generation, computational geometry, and/or computer graphics algorithm development experience with strong skills in numerical optimization and applied mathematics.
- A strong drive to advance the state of the art in automating the industrial large-scale mesh generation.
- A minimum of 5 years commercial software development experience
- Solid, demonstrable experience with C / C++
- PhD degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline highly preferred
- Experience in distributed and shared memory parallel computing is an asset
- Ability to function in a team environment with an appreciation for aggressive goals is an asset
- Experience in scripting language like Python is an asset
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.