Sr. HR Business Partner, Manufacturing Operations
About the Job
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
The successful HRBP candidate will be responsible for implementing HR strategy and programs for two manufacturing locations based in San Jose California. Specifically, this role will support the VP of Manufacturing and their team that consists of Engineering, Manufacturing Operations (operators), Equipment Maintenance and support functions for these factories that are open twenty-four seven. The right candidate will partner with leadership and employees at all levels to develop and administer organizational development programs to enhance the skills, knowledge, abilities, and productivity of the manufacturing teams. To be successful in this role, the HRBP must possess a strong HR generalist background with a solid understanding of business drivers as well as held HR roles in manufacturing environments where they played a leadership role in employee relations and communication. Past success as a team player and a partner with the business is crucial as is proven results as a partner in a manufacturing environment.
The role will report to the Director of HR Business Partners for Global Operations.
Working with Division VPs, Directors, Line Managers, Engineers and Operators, the HRBP will:
- Implement and support HR programs, processes and initiatives such as; performance management, compensation and bonus decisions, employee development and recruitment support in order to align with business strategy.
- Lead activities to maintain a healthy and productive work environment, such as; coaching and development planning, investigating and resolving employee relations issues, compensation planning, hiring and retention of talented employees, and encouraging open, productive dialogue between managers, employees and other partners.
- Support managers and employees through change management initiatives, work force planning, fluctuation in business demand, etc. Use creative problem solving skills to address business needs that are often time sensitive.
- Capable of adapting communication strategy to enable people to perform at their best or in the company’s best interest, for example: constructively challenging ideas and thought processes, encouraging people to consider different points of view, discussing pro’s and con’s, etc.
- Possess knowledge and ability to ensure all actions are in compliance with appropriate employment laws, company policies and sound business practice. As needed, assist in ADA compliance and other workplace accommodation requests.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required for this position
- Capable of understanding various business drivers to achieve results and demonstrated ability to meet objectives. Able to acclimate quickly to changes in business need and direction
- Demonstrate ability to establish trust, fairness and credibility with employees, managers and other partners. Can confidently express your opinion, based on thoughtful data and analysis. Able to engage in healthy, constructive debate to provide the best service to the business and employees and can manage confidential information appropriately.
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in an HRBP or Generalist role supporting a fast-paced, high-tech, manufacturing environment. Demonstrated experience in supervising and developing HR team members, HR degree or certification is a strong plus. Experience supporting Global Manufacturing/Operations is a plus.
- Possess a strong drive for results, project management skills and keen attention to detail. Experience facilitating training/development programs a plus.
- Ability to work in a high-performing team, as a member of the businesses global HR organization and to function independently while contributing to process improvements.
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)