About the Job
Valerio Dewalt Train Associates is a 90+ person architecture and design practice that offers a high-energy work environment focused on producing award-winning design. Our portfolio of clientele includes world renowned tech companies, developers and educational institutions. With offices in Chicago, San Francisco, Palo Alto and Denver; our diverse staff enjoys the close-knit character of our company culture, where they are encouraged to take responsibility for making VDTA an exciting and rewarding place to work.
We are looking for a dynamic Human Resources Manager to join our talented and enthusiastic team on a full-time basis in our Chicago office. This is a new position for our growing firm.
The HR Manager will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and execution of our firm’s human resources function. The manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develops, updates and oversees the administration of all HR policies in conjunction with our outside vendor(s) as applicable.
- Develops and updates job descriptions.
- Develops a set of explicit leadership competencies.
- Manages and oversees a firmwide professional development/mentoring program.
- Provides services and general counseling for employees on personnel and personal issues.
- Develops/supports internal communications.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook.
- Manages the performance evaluation program. Implements and annually updates the compensation program; assists in conducting annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation.
- Manages the benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment. This includes the annual re-evaluation of employee benefits for cost, employee satisfaction and retention.
- Assists in managing the recruitment process; writes and places advertisements; works with management to screen and interview candidates; extends jobs offers.
- Manages the employee onboarding process including employee orientation, development, and training.
- Coordinates outside assessments and employee engagement surveys as needed.
- Manages, maintains and coordinates firm HR records and reports as required.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development or equivalent.
- Seven plus years of experience in Human Resources.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs, either directly or through oversight of outsourced providers.
- Human Resources certification(s) preferred, but not required (e.g. SHRM, PHR)
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Interpersonal, coaching skills, and relationship Management.
- Global and cultural awareness.
- Critical thinking and evaluation.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Compensation will be based on industry standards as well as determined by the individual’s specific credentials.