Director of Payroll and Workforce Management Support
About the Job
We currently have an exciting, new opportunity for Director of Payroll and Workforce Management Support. This position will provide strategic oversight and day to day management of clinician and non-clinician payrolls and workforce management support teams for a $5.5B+ integrated health and dental care system and insurance company. Oversees the preparation and maintenance of multi-employer payrolls through intercompany service agreements, tax reporting in multiple states, enterprise-wide time and attendance and staff scheduling systems. Ensures the coordination of the development, implementation, and maintenance, processes, workflow and communication of the payroll, time and attendance and scheduling systems. Ensures effective management and development of Payroll and Workforce Management Support staff to ensure the delivery of excellent customer service to our employers, leaders and employees.
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and most importantly, partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable.
• Responsible for the supervision of leaders and staff, including having the authority to hire, transfer, lay off, promote, discipline and discharge, train, reward and review performance of employees. Ensures compliance to organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
• Oversees daily activities of time collection, payroll preparation, documentation, and disbursement of payroll checks for annual aggregate payroll expense of over $1.9 Billion. Establishes procedures and work schedules to ensure completion within established timelines.
• Partners with all departments and employers interfacing with payroll. Provides communications to enhance the effectiveness in dealing with critical issues. Maintains effective relationships with various departments including Human Resources, General Accounting, Budget, Physician Services and other departments across the organization as appropriate.
• Partners with all levels of leadership when planning for growth throughout the organization by providing estimates for future intercompany service agreements, coordination of payroll system implementation for new employers and ongoing support and customer service to ensure a smooth transition for the new employers.
• Leads a team of Payroll Supervisors, Specialists, Administrators and Business Analysts.
• Establishes service level agreements and holds staff accountable for providing excellent customer service.
• Oversees daily work direction regarding scheduling, time collection and payroll processing, including:
o Supports the build of schedules in the API scheduling system to support the business needs and acuity level of the hospitals and departments where product is implemented.
o Audits, prepares and electronically uploads all data collected from the time and attendance systems.
o Coordination of the data entry of payroll information from non-automated entities.
o Provides guidance and assistance to payroll and workforce management support team with response to questions from all levels of employees concerning scheduling, time collection, payroll calculations, payroll deductions, wage rates and other concerns relating to establishing compliant pay practices and policies.
o Controls work flow and communications to ensure smooth departmental operations.
• Oversees the flow of payroll and workforce data and analytics throughout organization to meet established deadlines and accuracy standards.
• Coordinates the development, implementation, and maintenance of the payroll and workforce management systems.
• Responsible for data collection and data integrity of payroll and workforce management system information.
• Manages compliance to Collective Bargaining agreements and other agreements regarding payroll matters.
• Keeps updated on all Federal and State regulations and laws.
• Partners with general accounting with the preparation of all weekly, quarterly and annual tax filings.
• Responsible for year-end preparation of W-2’s and all year-end reports and reconciliation.
• Develops and maintains payroll and workforce management budget.
• Is a member of the Human Resource Leadership Team
• Responsible for the overall stability of the Payroll and Workforce Management systems.
• Other work as delegated by leader.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or other related area.
• 5 or more years of progressive payroll experience including a minimum of 2 years of leadership experience.
• Expertise with Human Capital Management Systems – Lawson, API Time and Attendance, API scheduling systems, and Kronos, preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current employment laws (i.e. COBRA, ADA, HIPPA, FMLA, FLSA, ACA) with commitment to ongoing education to stay current with proposed and approved law changes
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products
• Excellent statistics and accounting skills
• Positive attitude and proven professional customer service skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meeting established deadlines is essential.
• Strong team building skills that results in keeping employees engaged and feeling valued.
• Experience in In-House payroll environment.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID # 47479.