Protection & Controls Relay Technician
Shermco Industries Little Rock, AR
About the Job
PROTECTION & CONTROLS RELAY TECHNICIAN
Join our leading team in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing & training. Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced P&C experts to work in our P&C. Work will be in Arkansas, at substations throughout the state. May require travel to other locations in the future, so willingness to travel is desires. Shermco is accredited by NETA and has one of the largest field services divisions in the industry.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Full-Time or Contract opportunities available.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan, plus lucrative overtime plan.
- A growth oriented environment that is upbeat, good morale and team oriented.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; certificate from technical school or utility training program a desired; BSEE a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years related experience in the areas of transmission line and substation protective relay control system and SCADA/Automation checkout, installation, testing and trouble-shooting; an equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Demonstrated thorough proficiency regarding protective relay, substation communication, and/or SCADA/Automation theory and application, general electrical/electronic theory and computer hardware and software skills.
- Experience desired with most of the following:
- RTUs: GE D20/400, RTU/IED Communications 4 wire data and 2 wire RS 485/RS 232, RTU protocols
- Experience with IEDs: SEL 2032, SEL 421, 311A, 311B, 311C, 311L, 734, Bitronics, ION 7350, Qualitrol TTL 1000
- Experience with test sets and software: Doble 6150, ASE 2000 Test Kit, Arbiter, Protest, RTS, Megger MPRT & EZ CT 2000.
- Experience with relays: Schweitzer SEL 421, 311A, 311B, 311C, & 311L, ABB DPU 2000R, HU, CA16, KD & LCBII, GE PVD, BDD, STD, CEY, L90, D60, B90, Areva
- Must be able to work safely around high-voltage electricity.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment, relaying schemes, DFR equipment, SCADA systems, distribution automation systems and associated communication equipment.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breaker changeouts.
- Perform end-to-end relay testing using Doble ProTest software to verify carrier and fiber systems.
- Assist in developing written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying, DFR's, RTU's, IED's, Distribution Automation and associated communication systems.
- Manage projects onsite throughout the duration and effectively interface and own the relationship with customers and their vendors.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Must be available to work overtime and regularly travel out of town for extensive periods (up to 10 weeks).
- Must be able to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, drive regularly, with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid drivers license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please
No Agencies Please