Director, Human Resources
About the Job
Our organization is seeking a Director, Human resources to join its Human Resources Team. Based in New York City, this position offers an excellent opportunity in a dynamic environment for an individual with a “hands-on” approach to become an integral part of our human resources team. As part of a collaborative HR team, this HR Director position provides HR expertise, knowledge and coaching to support and improve business strategies and initiatives, ensuring consistency in employment practices across all business groups in New York.
This role encompasses all aspects of human resources as follows:
- Understand and embrace the operating philosophy and culture of the organization and act as an ambassador.
- Serve as a trusted HR business partner to business groups within the New York office.
- Partner with hiring managers to meet staffing needs, including defining roles, recruiting strategy, participating in interview process, and developing offers as needed
- Coach and support managers and employees on feedback, performance management, talent development, employee relations and labor relations (union). This is a key area of focus as the organization grows
- Support all aspects of the annual compensation process including salary, bonus, and long-term incentives
- Support efforts to drive data maintenance and reporting within Workday
- Support and drive the performance management process including goal setting, performance appraisals, and promotions
- Work with business groups on talent review and succession planning to ensure development and retention of key talent and adequate succession for critical roles
- Support efforts to increase employee engagement through the use of surveys, employee feedback etc., and formulate action plans in conjunction with the management
- Administer HR policies and programs; assist in the development and interpretation of policies and procedures
- Participate in developing Human Resources department goals and objectives to meet changing business needs; recommend new approaches, policies, and programs to support continuous improvement
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience, in a fast-paced environment, preferably as a HR Business Partner or Generalist
- BA/BS degree; certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise preferred
- Proficiency with windows applications required, experience in HRIS, Workday Preferred
- Experience within Asset Management and/or supporting Financial Services desirable
- Experience managing full-cycle recruitment
- Experience working across the various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting and talent management
- Well versed in HR practices, employee relations along with employment laws
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Strong personal credibility with ability to build trusted relationships at all levels of the organization (both inside and outside the company)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Strong teamwork; awareness of how decisions affect the department and the wider organization
- Ability to thrive and be flexible in a fast-paced environment and effectively, plan and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Able to analyze problems, find creative solutions and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues
- High attention to detail and the ability to think strategically
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated interest in financial services, investing, and asset management
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Union experience preferred