About the Job
Director – Human Resource
Reports To: CFO
Years of Experience Required: 10+ Years
Date: March 6, 2018
- Promote and support HR and Corporate Strategy designed to align BBI business units to Corporate vision and mission.
- Drive performance culture through leadership coaching and effective use of metrics and tools
- Enable organizational effectiveness through proactive employee relations
- Leverage corporate training and programs to ensure development and retention of top talent
- Drive commercial recruiting strategy
- Lead HR team members and business leaders in resolving employee matters including disciplinary action, complaints, and conflict resolution.
- Implement and execute performance management programs and procedures, including but not limited to performance appraisals and performance improvement plans.
- Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal employment regulations and company policies.
- Lead/Administer company benefit plans including 401k and ESOP.
- Advise, counsel, and update HR team and BBI leadership on company policies, practices, procedures, benefits, and compensation
- Lead and participate in HR projects as needed which may include cross functional initiatives
This role is a human resources partner with a full range of experience in organizational design, leadership coaching, employee relations and talent management. Must possess the ability to manage and direct the work of others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence, and presentations to senior leadership as required. Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or related area, or equivalent in experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Human Resources operations
- Strong knowledge of U.S. employment laws and other governmental compliance regulations, and fair employment practices
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
- Exemplary ethics and dedication to professionalism and quality
- Must be able to handle confidential material and comply with privacy concerns and regulation
- A & E Experience a plus
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or obtain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Binkley & Barfield, Inc. (BBI) is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering consulting firm with headquarters in Houston serving the Gulf Coast Region, and fully staffed regional offices in Richardson (DFW Region), Austin, Round Rock and San Antonio (Central Texas Region), and College Station (Brazos Valley Region). Incorporated in 1972, the firm has been serving Texas for over 40 years and has a total company-wide staff of 150 employees. BBI has a focus on regional and state surface transportation, complex public infrastructure, as well as dry utility projects.