Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Computer and Information Sciences
About the Job
There is an exciting opportunity available to work with a dynamic group of forward thinking faculty at Southwest Baptist University. The Southwest Baptist University Robert W. Plaster College of Business and Computer Science is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time tenure-track Computer and Information Sciences faculty position. Rank of the appointed faculty will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Appointment Date: August 2018
Essential Job Duties:
- Teaching load of 12 hours per semester related to the computer and information sciences discipline.
- Teaching responsibilities include lower and upper level courses in computer science with possible emphasis in cybersecurity or mobile web development.
- Mentor and advise students.
- Assist in recruiting prospective students for the computer and information sciences programs.
- Continued pursuit of professional development within discipline as it relates to the mission of SBU.
- Participate in department and university committees as well as support other university functions.
- Scholarship within discipline strongly encouraged.
- Ph.D. in computer science or closely related discipline (information systems, computer engineering, cybersecurity, software engineering, etc.). ABD near completion of doctorate considered.
- Previous teaching experience within a computing program preferred.
- Demonstrate an Evangelical Christian faith compatible with SBU's mission. Preference will be given to Southern Baptists.
- Embrace and promote the mission of SBU.
- Strong desire to pursue excellence in teaching and mentoring students.
Southwest Baptist University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers courses leading both to undergraduate and graduate degrees. Approximately 1,450 on-campus undergraduate students may choose from more than 80 programs of study as they pursue a liberal arts-based, career-oriented education. The campus is located in the city of Bolivar, a community of 10,000 located 23 miles north of Springfield, Missouri. The Robert W. Plaster College of Business and Computer Science offers programs that are accredited by ACBSP and ABET. The College consists of three departments and one graduate program: Accounting, Business Administration, Computer and Information Sciences, and a Master of Business Administration. The College supports faculty development in teaching as well as the pursuit of scholarly activities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please visit http://www.sbuniv.edu/about/employment.php to complete an online application and upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, statement of educational philosophy, unofficial transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
Direct application and materials to: email@example.com or 417-328-1512
Direct all job specific questions to: Troy Bethards, D.B.A., firstname.lastname@example.org or 417.328.1757