GUEST EXPERIENCE ATTENDANT
About the Job
Attendants act as ticket takers, customer service representatives, ambassadors, and/or way finders assisting guests conveying conservation messaging, while providing an exceptional guest experience. This position interacts with the public and enhances guest experiences.
Essential Functions of the Position
- Assists guests by providing information about the Zoo’s animal collections and conservation efforts while providing an exceptional guest experience.
- Provide excellent guest service while remaining on schedule and safety conscious.
- Collaborate with other Zoo departments.
- Suggests additions and programs to enhance the guests’ experience.
- Report comments and/or complaints to Guest Experience Supervisor/Manager.
- Enforce Zoo’s rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with other Zoo departments as directed.
- Required to walk, sit and stand for periods of time.
- Ability to push, lift and carry up to 25 lbs independently.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel and move intermittently throughout the day.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate, with occasional increases due to large groups of people in Zoo buildings and on ground.
- Exposure to external environmental conditions, such as heat, cold, rain, snow and ice.
- Exposure to potentially dangerous animals.
- Ability to report to work on time as scheduled.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and/or weekends and holidays and during emergency situations such as dictated by weather.
**PLEASE VISIT US AT 2000 REMINGTON PLACE FOR AN INTERVIEW, M-F ANYTIME 1-5 PM**Requirements
- Must be 16 years of age for Attendant position, Guide position requires a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Prior experience in tourism, hospitality, public speaking, theater/drama productions
- Ability to clearly communicate and convey information to the guests.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment background check, a physical examination, and a drug test.