Network Systems Analyst
About the Job
Intercity Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in the WA state capitol of Olympia and surrounding communities. Services include bus routes, paratransit, vanpools, specialized van programs, and active community partnerships. Intercity Transit is the recipient of many awards, including “America’s Best Public Transportation System.” Our mission is to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community. Please visit our website at www.intercitytransit.com for more information.
Intercity Transit is currently recruiting for the fulltime position of “Information Systems Analyst” in our Information Systems (IS) division. This Analyst’s scope of work will primarily be server and network administration, to include a wide range of professional IS activities ranging from major system installations and troubleshooting hardware and software, to monitoring network performance and ensuring security and network optimization. Excellent benefits include health insurance, PERS and deferred comp retirement plans, and paid sick and vacation leave. Wage range is $30.89 to $41.70 per hour.
- Identify and troubleshoot client and server hardware, operating systems, and application issues.
- Install and maintain Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange 2016, and SQL Server.
- Create and manage users and groups in Active Directory and Exchange.
- Participate in the evaluation, development and implementation of security standards and procedures. Develop specifications for network security and protection technologies. Maintain anti-virus, anti-spam, and backup systems.
- Support enterprise virtualization technologies and related storage infrastructure. Plan disaster recovery, upgrades, migrations and deployments.
- Install and maintain Cisco Network Equipment including firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Support and maintain telecommunications equipment, including ShoreTel phones and switches, as well as a Motorola radio system.
- Provide outstanding customer service and technology-related problem resolution to stakeholders and vendors.
- Associates degree.
- Four years of progressively responsible server and/or network administration experience; an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the following: Windows Server Administration, networking, or VMware; familiarity with the others. Industry recognized certification(s) preferred. Experience with SQL Server is a plus.
- Independent and effective creative and critical thinking, and problem identification and solution skills.
- Experience implementing system monitoring techniques and tools.
- Highly knowledgeable on backup and recovery techniques and system maintenance.
- Skilled in providing outstanding customer service through effective communication, follow-through, motivation, dependability, integrity and positive attitude.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships, and contribute to high-functioning diverse teams.
- Ability to timely respond to issues arising throughout the Intercity Transit service area on a 24-7 basis.
- Must be willing to submit to criminal background investigation, results of which must meet agency hiring criteria.
Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com. A letter of interest and resume that includes last ten years of work/volunteering/military/school history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit’s method of communication is email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.
Completed applications must be received by: Friday, March 16, 2018, 4:00 p.m.