organizations in the USA.
At the San Joaquin Media Group, the primary role of the Multimedia Sales Executive/MMSE (strategic accounts), is to advance the success of mid-to-larger scaled businesses within our market through digital, event and print marketing solutions. The MMSE will develop and present audience based, multimedia sales campaigns to meet the business needs of our customers.
* Develop and demonstrate expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all digital products, digital marketing services, event launches and publishing titles.
* Represent and embrace non-traditional products and services that the company may introduce as we look to diversify new revenue streams to better capitalize on our customer base and scale.
* Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis
* Regularly interface with customers in person.
* Drive customer retention through dedicated customer service.
* Develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the client.
* Effectively communicate with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
* Maintain a high level of personal and professional behavior in the workplace
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Knowledge of competitive media landscape and business and market
* Ability to develop new business by setting appointments with business owners and C-level executives.
* Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and the discipline to succeed.
* Ability to consistently close new business and meet/exceed sales targets.
* Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven presentation skills. Ability to
utilize PowerPoint for the construction of proposals.
* Strong networking skills with a commitment to community involvement.
* Inquisitive... continually seeking to improve sales and marketing skills
* Strong time management and organizational skills. Attention to detail with
the ability to manage multiple deadlines.
* Advanced skill-set with MS Office programs including PowerPoint and Word. Working knowledge of Excel.
* Must possess a valid state driver's
license and reliable transportation.
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or Liberal Arts is preferred. Equivalent work experience with a leading media enterprise will also be considered.
* Minimum of two years, outside
or major account sales experience.
* Experience with publishing, digital
and/or event marketing sales is