Human Resources Business Partner III or Senior
About the Job
This HR Business Partner position will work in a variety of functions including Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Benefits Administration while also providing support, guidance, and expertise on key HR initiatives for assigned business units.
Our HR Business Partners support specific functions, working closely with management and employees on people-related issues: talent management, employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development and more. HR Business Partners are instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs/initiatives within specific functions and across the organization.
We are looking for a HR Business Partner with the ability to drive people and business initiatives across our UUSA site. The ideal candidate is one who is interested in making a significant impact in the company and excels in a high engagement environment. You will be on the front line working closely with supervisors and managers to be able to provide hands-on and strategic input, insight, and advice with respect to employee relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training and more. The successful candidate will be comfortable speaking up and driving initiatives forward despite any unexpected roadblocks. The HR Business Partner supports assigned business units from both and strategic and functional perspective.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for performing all Human Resources functions as needed by the assigned business units including personnel actions, recruiting and staffing, payroll questions, benefits questions, performance management, and career development plans. Assists with employee relations management, administration of general HR policies/procedures and other such generalist duties.
- Lead staffing management (i.e. recruiting and interviewing processes) in conjunction with managers and supervisors for your assigned business units.
- Work with assigned business units (both managers and employees) on issues related to compensation and job evaluations.
- Perform job evaluations on new and existing positions utilizing the Hay Method for job evaluations.
- Work with managers on personnel actions, promotions, staffing, and transfers in accordance with company procedures.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for new employees in assigned business units.
- Provide advice to managers in assigned business units on employment offers, promotions, transfers, and other personnel actions including interpretation of policies and guidelines.
- Ensure managers and supervisors within assigned business units are following all employment and HR related federal, state, and local laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
- Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
- Collect and analyze human resources data, and make recommendations for changes to management.
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, training and performance evaluations.
- Responsible for partnering with managers to develop a culture of positive employee relations and engagement.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions).
- Promote URENCO USA CASCADE Behaviors and Core Values.
- Provides appropriate customer service to all employees; researches / resolves employee/employment related issues and reports back to customers.
Bachelor’s degree is required (preferred areas of study are Human Resources or Business Administration). Must have at least five (5) years of experience working directly in Human Resources as a business partner or generalist at the exempt level. International business experience is preferred, but not required. Knowledge and understanding of employee relations, staffing management, compensation and benefits is required as well as an in-depth knowledge of federal employment law, Department of Labor (DOL) rules and regulations and EEOC regulations. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification is highly desired.
Must be able to attain and maintain a US government L level security clearance and attain and maintain access to the Controlled Access Area (CAA).
Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast paced environment. Self-motivated and proactive problem solver. Delivers high attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal with an ability to deliver high level management presentations. A team player who collaborates well with others. Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage many different projects at the same time. Must possess the highest degree of honesty, personal integrity and ethical standards.