About the Job
Position: Maintenance Engineer
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join our dynamic team of a boutique 71-room hotel located in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The qualified candidate will be responsible for handling all repairs and work orders on a daily basis. This includes troubleshooting and repairing electrical and mechanical systems such as HVAC (split systems), plumbing, electrical, painting, pool, hot tub, sauna, building, grounds and mechanical equipment with particular attention towards safety and security. In addition, your role is accountable for performing maintenance tasks on a daily basis that are critical to providing an exceptional stay for every guest. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Inspect property to identify potential and current needs and keep General Manager and Corporate Office informed Effective staff scheduling, counseling, and participates in recruiting as needed Assign daily tasks, check work orders, complete daily report, construction report, and submit to Corporate Office Perform Preventive Maintenance on all guest rooms, and public areas. For example:
- Monitor and maintain all laundry and kitchen equipment
- Maintain guestrooms using rooms preventive maintenance program
- Change air-conditioning filters per the maintenance program Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary.
- Also check for unusual noise or vibration, and adjust as necessary
- Change or repair locks as needed Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Stays abreast on all OSHA regulations, federal, state, hotel, and local government requirements relating to facility maintenance operation, permits and licensing
- Conducts monthly safety meetings as outlined by policy and procedures and submits reports to the corporate office
- Perform guest requests as assigned, as well as collaborates with Housekeeping and Front Office to ensure guest rooms are in a safe and immaculate condition
- Paint walls or specific areas throughout hotel to maintain aesthetics of the building Assist in all phases of repair work, and follow up on tasks assigned to other personnel
- Assist and train other engineering personnel as needed
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools.
- Handles chemicals for designated uses/surfaces as per MSDS sheet
- All other duties as assign
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays based on business needs
- Hold HVAC and pool certifications
- Must have 2 years' experience in hotel and/or apartment maintenance duties to include but not limited to; plumbing, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and pools
- Clean and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate English clearly (oral and written)
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications
- Ability to utilize basic technology including a smartphone and computer
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!