Project Manager, Real Time Energy Management - Albany or New York City Office (#448WITI)
About the Job
NYSERDA seeks a creative, independent and self-motivated individual to lead its Real Time Energy Management (RTEM) program. The RTEM program is a $50 million, cross-sectoral initiative aimed at accelerating the adoption of smart buildings throughout New York State. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with energy management and a track record of working successfully with diverse teams to achieve ambitious energy reduction goals.
The RTEM program focuses on driving adoption of RTEM systems and services by key market actors in the commercial, institutional, multifamily, and industrial sectors. As an enabling technology, RTEM has the potential to transform the market for energy efficiency by providing real-time, actionable insights that lead to cost-effective operational and capital improvements that reduce building energy use.
- Oversee the RTEM program and work closely with various members of the NYSERDA market development team in Albany and NYC to achieve program goals
- Manage a network of qualified RTEM providers to ensure high quality project execution
- Address barriers to adoption in key sectors through activities such as case studies, peer to peer learning forums and building operator trainings
- Develop relationships with key market stakeholders such as the Association of Energy Engineers and the CUNY Building Performance Lab
- Participate in a process to test, measure and adjust to maximize success
- Develop new strategies that increase adoption of smart building technology and services
- Present information on NYSERDA’s behalf at professional meetings, conferences and workshops
- Develop and report project status and metrics
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Candidates will be considered for Project Manager or Senior Project Manager based on qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is also offered.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. When applying, please include the Project Manager, RTEM & Job Code 448WITI in the Subject Line.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Requirements
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in one (1) or more of the following skills:
- Commercial/Institutional building energy studies, modeling and/or energy management
- Commercial/Institutional building technologies, systems and/or processes
- Energy efficiency building technologies, systems and/or processes
- Commercial real estate asset/property management and/or market analysis
- Client relationship management, consultative sales and/or market research and development
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability; an entrepreneurial edge, resourcefulness and an instinct for surfacing value and pragmatic solutions
- Capacity to enable teams and colleagues to achieve their potential, look at a business in new ways and provide exceptional service delivery
- Ability to communicate persuasively, concisely and unambiguously in speech and in writing
- A bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred