About the Job
Seeking an energetic individual to manage all facets of our Housekeeping Department for a 71 room boutique limited service hotel in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Ensure high levels of guest service and satisfaction to all areas including rooms, laundry, public areas, department storage areas and work areas. Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Supervise housekeeping, laundry staff, and breakfast attendants: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training and development.
- Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Keep track of DND rooms, housekeeping logs, property inspections and submit work orders of needed repairs to General Manger and Engineering department.
- Assist in the absence of housekeeping, laundry, or breakfast personnel.
- Assist General Manager in development of the department's annual budget. Monitor performance against plan.
- Enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain room quality based on hotel objectives and guidelines. Monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Compile and report accurate status of guest rooms to front office.
- Enforce standard procedures for the acceptance, security, and return on guest lost and found items.
- Administer monthly safety trainings, required on-line training, and update safety binders according to city, state, and federal guidelines.
- Maintain productivity and labor cost goals.
- Maintain cost control systems for staffing, linen inventories and cleaning supplies. Conduct inventories of linen, supplies and equipment. Order and receive supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Ensure quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning principles, use of cleaning products, and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure with like common and decimal fractions. Compute ratio, rate, and percent. Draw and interpret bar graphs. Perform arithmetic operations involving American monetary units.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speak with correct English and well-modulated voice.
- Determine time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination of and/or reporting on events. Determine or interpret work procedures for a group of workers, assign specific duties, maintain harmonious relations among them and promote efficiency.
- High School Diploma, GED or 2+ years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as Assistant Housekeeper, and two (2) years housekeeping experience in a commercial environment in a supervisory capacity; OR, equivalent level of education and experience.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!