Director of Operations
About the Job
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Operations is responsible planning, directing, and coordinating the operations of Baptist Ambulance Service throughout the greater Memphis, TN, area. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and personnel.
- Demonstrates complete knowledge, understanding and compliance of company policies and procedures.
- Works with the Vice President on developing strategic plan.
- Works with the Vice President on developing annual budget.
- Responsible for overall profit and loss management of operations.
- Responsible for managing local vendor relations and accounts payable management.
- Responsible for monitoring staffing levels in all operations in order to maintain operational efficiency.
- Ensures that all field staff maintain a high level of customer service when dealing with patients, patient families, co-responders, other healthcare providers and the general public.
- Ensures that all field staff in all operations maintain appropriate certification and licensure for their position.
- Ensures security and privacy of all company and patient information at all times in accordance HIPPA and all other local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that all operations are in full compliance with all local, state and federal regulations regarding the ordering, storage, use and record keeping of controlled substances.
- Ensures that all operations are in full compliance with all company policies regarding clinical protocols and field documentation.
- Ensures that all operations are in full compliance with all local, state and federal contracts, regulations and ordinances.
- Displays a positive mental attitude toward the position held, the company, and its employees, clients, partners or affiliates.
- Clearly express him/herself verbally and in writing
- Responds to all incidents involving serious personal injury, excessive damage to company equipment or excessive damage to private property involving company personnel or equipment
- Monitor the use of services, vehicles, equipment, facilities, and staff to ensure effective use of resources and assess the need for additional staff, equipment, and services.
- Review and analyze facility activities and data to aid planning and risk management to improve service utilization and quality.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of all personnel assigned to the Operations Division.
- Facilitate communication between EMS staff, management.
- Establish and implement operations division policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Interact with the public.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Responsible for annual re-certification of all ambulances
- Coordinates projects and assist with any needs of the Operations Managers.
- Maintains and ensures compliance of S.O.G.’s for all company operations
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services.
- Ensures completion annual skills evaluation for all personnel
- Assists other division directors as needed.
- Completes additional tasks as assigned by the Vice President
- Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Oversee activities directly related to providing services.
- Coordinate activities with other division directors concerned with reference to pricing, sales, training, human resources or distribution of services.
- Determine staffing requirements, and assist other division directors with interviewing, hiring and training new employees as needed.
- Maintain awareness of advances in EMS diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.
- Performs other duties as directed by management.
- All EMT requirements (Current EMT Certification Preferred but Optional)
- All EMT Field Supervisor requirements (Current EMT Certification Preferred but Optional).
- Must have the ability function as a leader evaluating, coaching, training and directing field staff.
- Must have solid business management and administrative skills
- Must possess a high degree of personal integrity and responsibility.
- Currently licensed, certified or registered by the appropriate state agencies.
- Currently certified in CPR by the AHA or other appropriate organization.
- Currently certified in ACLS, PALS and/or other specialty certifications as required.
- Currently licensed with the appropriate level of state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Currently has a clean driving record as approved by company vehicle liability insurer.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, using good judgment.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently and interact in a constructive and professional manner with other employees, public safety personnel and medical staff.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with patients, customers, clients, family members, bystanders, and the general public in such a manner as to reflect positively on the company.
- Must demonstrate a level of skill and ability consistent with the provision of high quality patient care.
- Must have the ability to perform effectively as team leader and team member in patient care situations.
- Must have the ability to perform effectively in carrying out public relations and community education functions with members of the medical community and general public in promoting company.
- The ability to reach, push and pull.
The ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
The ability to complete all job duties during any and all hours of the day and night.
The ability use mouse or keyboard to input data into computer over long periods of time.
The ability to view graphic and text data on multiple computer screens for long periods of times.