Senior Industrial Motor/Wind Generator Field Technician
Shermco Industries Irving, TX
About the Job
SENIOR INDUSTRIAL MOTOR/GENERATOR FIELD SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Join the leader! Shermco Industries is the largest independent electrical testing company in North America and has one of the largest, safest & best organized wind generator and motor repair shops in the Southwest. Due to continued growth, Shermco is seeking a Field Service Technicians to work on electric motors & generators both up-tower in Wind Generators and in Industrial Sites in throughout North America..
- Shermco is an exceptionally stable and profitable non-union company.
- Seven time recipient of Best Places to Work award by the Austin & Dallas Business Journals.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan, plus lucrative overtime plan.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
- Onsite inspection, testing & reconditioning of electric motors & generators up to 13.2kV in wind towers and industrial sites.
- Install and remove electric motors and generators at customer locations.
- Service and repair virtually all up-tower wind generator electrical components, as well as advanced diagnostic testing of generators and electrical systems
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical, mechanical and hydraulic malfunctions, variable pitch, variable speed turbines.
- Perform mechanical repairs on other drive train components, as well as removal and replacement of generators, motors, gearboxes, rotor assemblies and blades.
- Install and remove electric motor & generators at customer locations.
- Conduct surge, insulation power factor, hipotential testing and dynamic motor testing.
- Perform alignment, precision balancing, calibration, scheduled cleaning and predictive and corrective maintenance services and repair.
- Collect vibration data and perform vibration analysis using an analyzer (i.e. CSI).
- May occasionally do component replacement on cranes and make bearing changes on gearboxes and generators
- May periodically replace or repair breakers and hydraulic pitch systems.
Minimum Qualifications to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and required knowledge skills.
- At least 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires experience performing laser alignments of motors and generators.
- Understands basics of vibration analysis; certification as a Level I desired.
- Knowledge of electrical testing from 480V to 4160V desired.
- At least a High School Diploma or GED; Associates degree or Certification as a Wind Turbine Technician a plus.
- Ability to read drawings, prints & schematics and use multi-meters, amp clamps and basic electrical test equipment and torque tools
- Able climb and work at or above 260+ feet in all types of weather including extreme cold and heat for extended periods of time, adhering to strict safety guidelines; training in TRACTEL or ENSA rescue device desired
- Experience inspecting or making bearing changes on gearboxes a plus
- Basic computer skills; experience with Power DB a plus.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs, walk, climb, reach, kneel, crawl, and balance
- Must be available to travel out-of-town overnight on a regular basis.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be have a satisfactory pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid drivers license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please