STORYVILLE COFFEE COMPANY Seattle, WA
About the Job
Storyville Coffee Company is a privately owned, Seattle-based specialty coffee company with a mission to end human trafficking. Storyville has been shipping exquisitely roasted fresh coffee all around the US since 2006. Our four Seattle shops demonstrate our passion for beauty and excellence. Storyville donates to reputable, effective organizations who have a vision and a plan, but lack the funds, to put an end to the worst problem in the world.
Storyville Coffee Company, a specialty coffee roaster with four coffee shops, is obsessed with crafting the perfect cup of coffee and baking the worlds most delicious chocolate chunk cookie. If you have a passion for baking, strive for perfection, and can bring a positive attitude to our team, apply here.
We offer competitive full-time hourly pay with shared tip-pool included ($14.50/hr to $15.50/hr after tips), determined by skill assessments. Full-time employees are also offered a benefits package that includes healthcare options (medical, dental, vision) and paid time off. Opportunities to advance abound for those interested in a full-time career in the service industry.
Please respond with a cover letter describing why this job appeals to you and a description of how you are qualified for the position, and an up-to-date resume that is job specific.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain construction and baking recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Follow procedures to ensure efficiency, quality, cleanliness and productivity.
- Follow production schedule to meet both quality and demand.
- Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout the kitchen at all times.
- Monitor labeling and packaging details.
- Perform scullery work.
- Demonstrate dedication and passion in the craft of baking.
- Participate in the team directive of providing seamless, high quality, memorable customer experiences.
- Be proactive and attentive.
- Maintain a positive and professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Follow and adhere to all Company policies and standards.
- Follow and adhere to all health, safety and sanitation guidelines.
- A passion for baking beautiful food
- Ability to successfully uphold quality and consistency in all items prepared and delivered.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business levels.
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Detail oriented and positive attitude a must.
- Ability to visually inspect, taste and smell product to ensure freshness and quality.
- WA State Food Worker Card.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time or the entire shift.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary.
- Process information through POS/inventory system.
- Handle food and hot beverages or fluids.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the facility.
- Full-time hourly pay: Wage DOE + Tips from pool
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive benefits package: Health, Dental, & Vision
- A totally unique and customer-focused work environment
- An opportunity to join a dynamic company