About the Job
Storyville is hiring Bakers with experience that are inspired to serve others with care and passion. We are on a mission to Love Everybody by serving beautiful pastries and menu items all day, everyday. Our highest priority is guest experience--striving for excellence in everything from product quality to hospitality to ambiance. The goal is to be highly profitable and give it all away to fight human trafficking.
WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW
All full time positions receive:
- Basic to advanced training for baking and preparing artisan, from-scratch pastries and menu items
- Options for Medical Insurance, Vision, Dental, Paid time off and Life Insurance.
- 40 hours a week of consistent work.
- Opportunity to advance and grow into various positions and capacities.
Hourly rate starts at $11.50/hr with $4 to $5/hr earned in tips after training, for an average of $16/hr. It is possible to increase that hourly rate up to $16.50/hr, plus tips, within two to three years of employment. With further opportunities to specialize in production, teaching, and management, as well as crosstrain as barista and specialize in coffee roasting.
If you have work experience as a chef, prep cook, line cook, in a commercial kitchen, front-of-house, hospitality, cleaning, production or in another fast-paced, on-your-feet profession, you should consider applying.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Conducts oneself professionally and with self-respect
- Must play nice with others
- Communicates positively with a heart for the success of the team
- Proficient at smiling
- Passionate about being early and ready for work
- Eager to learn
- Eager to teach
- Wants to be challenged
As a Storyville employee you will be asked to be on time, work hard and pay attention to the details. You will be asked to find inspiration and continually learn new skills. Ultimately you will be asked to care about the work that you do and to Love Everybody that comes through the doors, including yourself.